It's Friday! Yay! And I made a discovery... Maybe not so a discovery but more of enlightenment... =)
As usual, I was entering on data into the company's system and the continuous same action makes me sleepy, especially that it is in mid afternoon and my energy level was low... Hence, I decided to take a break by reading news... and I continued with my data entry... THEN...
I needed another break but there wasn't much news to read.. Therefore, I decided to read Hadith from http://www.searchtruth.com I was browsing and deciding what to read... Eventually, I decided to read on the
English turn to booze on holiday
- English holidaymakers are turning to drink on their breaks with the average adult consuming eight alcoholic drinks a day, a survey suggests
- Government figures show 10 million adults in England regularly exceed the recommended daily limits, increasing their risk of serious illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, liver disease and various cancers.
'John schools' try to change attitudes about paid sex
- All had tried to buy a prostitute's services and were caught by police. It was their first offense, and a county court referred them to a one-day program called the John School. It's a program run by volunteers and city officials in conjunction with Magdalene House, a nonprofit that works to get prostitutes off the streets.
- No comprehensive effort has been made to track the numbers, but experts estimate 1 million to 2 million prostitutes work in the United States. The FBI's 2007 Uniform Crime Report lists about 78,000 arrests for prostitution and commercialized vice, but experts say those numbers are extremely conservative because many sex workers and johns aren't caught.
- Experts add that easy accessibility to prostitutes and pornography on the Internet are feeding the problem.
Are we now at the stage of the Last hour as Knowledge is taken away from us? There is no prophet since Muhammad (PBUH) and we are left on our own, with so many distraction around us... What seems right and acceptable now IS NOT permitted by Allah (SWT)! Take for example drinking beer... This is a social act in the western countries and even here in Asia... People who are not aware of Allah(SWT) thinks that it is normal and sinless to drink~ Well, what did the Qur'an says?
Shaitan desires to stir up enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling, to prevent you from remembrance of Allah and from Salah. Will you not abstain?(Al-Maidah, 5:91)
There is no blame on those who believe and do good deeds for what they ate in the past, provided they abstain from those things which have been made unlawful, then remain steadfast in their belief and do righteous deeds, then abstain themselves from whatever they are forbidden and believe in Divine Law, then fear Allah and do good deeds. For Allah loves those who do good deeds.(Al-Maidah, 5:93)
Once again, I'm so thankful to Allah(SWT) for opening my heart and to give me the spark to light up my candle, so that I can use it to read and read and be enlighted and to follow the right path...
What happened this afternoon is spooky~ It's like Allah wants me to know that what Prophet Muhammad said in the Hadith are all true by showing me examples of what is happening around the world now...
I will try my best to follow the right way~ No no no... Trying best is not good enough... I will have to do it right!!!