Saturday 22 August 2009

:: Ramadan 2009 ::

Assalamu Alaikum!! =)

It's Ramadan, time for Muslims around the world to fast! I am not a Muslim but as a beginner, and as someone who believes in The Almighty Allah, I would want to follow what he has for me as what he has decided is the best for me~

Hence, I read and found out that of all reasons why Ramadan is a very special month, the main reason which is deeply important to me is that it is the month which Allah(SWT) revealed the Qur'an as a guidance to mankind.

It was like how Islam is introduced to me. Without Allah's Grace in revealing the Qur'an, I guess I would not be properly guided like now because I've got a holy book to refer to now~

And during Ramadan, Fasting is compulsory.

Also, of all advantages of fasting, below are the 2 points which I've found and encourages me to fast.



Control desire
"If a person’s stomach is hungry, this will keep many of his other faculties from feeling hunger or desires; but if his stomach is satisfied, his tongue, eye, hand and private parts will start to feel hungry. Fasting leads to the defeat of Shaytaan; it controls desires and protects one’s faculties."


Knowing how the poor feels
"When the fasting person feels the pangs of hunger, he experiences how the poor feel, so he has compassion towards them and gives them something to ward off their hunger. Hearing about them is not the same as sharing their suffering, just as a rider does not understand the hardship of walking unless he gets down and walks."

(Above 2 points are taken from http://www.muslimconverts.com/ramadhaan/fasting-rules.htm#The%20virtues%20of%20fasting)


Though there are many other advantages in fasting (Eg: entering Al-Rayyaan), but as a beginner, I should just do because of the purpose of fasting and not to think of it as I do it for the purpose of a reward after I pass on to the next stage with Allah (SWT).

Thank you Allah for your guidance in making me knowledgeable and being endless inquisitive to slowly discover what you have for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.