Friday 7 June 2013

:: Life as Chinese Muslim convert ::

The story of Muhd Noor Woon Abdullah, 48, is the owner of Nur Ikhsan Trading, a one-stop bicycle shop in Taman Perling. 

Read more: Life as a Chinese Muslim convert - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/life-as-a-chinese-muslim-convert-1.294467#ixzz2VX0cLa61

How is life like for a Chinese Muslim family living in Johor? 

Do we feel marginalised as we belong to a minority community? 

Who are more willing to be our friends, the Malays or Chinese? 

These are questions that people like to ask me when they first learn that I am a Chinese Muslim. They also assumed that my wife is a Malay. 

Well, let me start my story by saying that Allah Almighty has given my family and I a fair share of friends who are Malays as well as Chinese. My parents and siblings did not treat me differently after I chose to convert. 

And my wife is a Chinese, like myself...
 
continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.