Monday 19 July 2010

:: Islam and Ego ::

Assalam Alaikum,

I read this from one of the sisters, blog-reader...
Indeed, it is a checklist for reflection everyday to check our ego and arrogance...

"People who wears the facade of the religion. They look religious, they talk religious. They have knowledge. May Allah protect us from this. That is a very serious problem. They look more practicing than the man without any beard. She looks more religious than the other sisters without wearing any hijabs. But on the inside, there is an ego. On the inside, there is an urge to show the supremacy, you are more righteous, you are more qualified, you are in a better position than the other. And in your heart, if you look down on other Muslims and  no matter what your condition, if you look down upon another Muslim... If you do that, then you have this thing inside your heart called... Arrogance."  - Nouman Ali Khan

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder sis.sometimes i say myself within myself - If my sins were to have any odour then ,none would have come near to me.

    ReplyDelete

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.