Saturday 3 April 2010

:: Following Prophet Muhammad's love of animals ::

Assalam Alaikum,

This is the view of my little window... Pigeons love to sit and peep into my room on the ledge~ hehehe~ Then I remember that I have some oats and I thought I could feed some to the pigeons... 

Being a city girl, who was brought up without much contact with animals, I am scared that there'll be too much mess outside my window and I might be attacked! But then again, it's my responsibility as part of the nature to take care of Allah's creation, isn't it? I just gotta overcome my fears of animals... hee~

Well, I'm just trying my best to follow Prophet Muhammad~ hee~ =D

Abu Hurairah reported: Messenger of Allah said, "While a man was walking on his way he became extremely thirsty. He found a well and went down into it to drink water. Upon leaving it, he saw a dog which was panting out of thirst. His tongue was lolling out and he was eating moist earth due to his extreme thirst. The man thought to himself, 'This dog is extremely thirsty as I was.' So he descended back into the well, filled up his leather sock with water, and holding it in his teeth, climbed up and quenched the thirst of the dog. Allah was pleased by this man’s action and forgave him his sins". The Companions then asked the Prophet: "Shall we be rewarded for showing kindness to the animals also?'' He said, "A reward is given in connection with kindness to every living thing". [Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah say, "Allah created one hundred units of mercy on the Day He created the heavens and the earth. Each one of them can contain all that is between the Heaven and the Earth. Of them, he put one on earth, through which a mother has compassion for her children and animals and birds have compassion for one another. On the Day of Resurrection, He will perfect and complete His Mercy". (That is He will use all the hundred units of mercy for His servants on that Day). [Bukhari and Muslim]





W'salam,
Khadijah C.

1 comment:

  1. Assalam Alaikum,

    Just wanna comment...

    Pigeons don't eat oats... =( Or rather, pigeons here don't eat my oats...

    I had to throw them away after a few days... And I never hear my coo-ing alarm in the morning, nor see pigeons outside my window again...

    ReplyDelete

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.