Monday 21 June 2010

:: Al-Miski (The One Who Exuded A Good Odor) ::

It is reported that Abu Bakr Al-Miski was once asked,

“We always find a good odor emanating from you- why or how?

He answered, “By Allah, for years now I have not used any perfume, but the reason for the good smell has to do with an ordeal that I passed through;

A woman once tricked me into entering her home. Then she closed (and locked) the door behind her, after which she began to seduce me. I became utterly bewildered as to what I should do, for I had no options before me. I said to her, ‘I need to go and purify myself.’

She ordered her servant to take me to the bathroom, and when I entered it, I took feaces in my hand and wiped it all over my body. Then I returned to her in that state.

Shocked to see me like that, the woman ordered that I be removed from her home. I left and immediately took a shower. That very night I saw a dream; in it, it was said to me, ‘You have done that which no one else has ever done. I will make your smell good and pure in this world and in the Hereafter.’

When I woke up, the smell of perfume was emanating from my body, and it has continued to emanate from my body until this very moment.”


Al-Muwa’iza Wal-Majaliss, pg. 224

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.