Sunday 27 June 2010

:: Culture Confusion ::

Assalam Alaikum,

Below are just some excerpt from the lecture given by Abdur Raheem Green... Very informative! =D Makes one reflect on its own doing for Allah(SWT)~

"Islam is not a family heirloom, which you pass down from generation to generation. It is not that. Islam is a guidance that has been revealed by Allah, The All-Knowing, The Most Wise, The Creator of Heaven and the Earth, The Creator of you and the Creator of me..." (08.01 min)

"...Because to be a Muslim, means that we are submitting ourselves. We have surrendered ourselves to Allah, Subhana Wa'Ata Ala. Not to my desires, not to my culture, not to my parents, not to my tribe, not to the ideas prevalent in society. No. Being Muslim means I willingly choose to obey Allah and submit myself to God and how do I do that? By... following the examples of the Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him." (12.03min)

"You see, I didn't become Muslim just to follow some culture. I didn't become Muslim to become a Pakistani or an Indian or an Arab or... You know, a Moroccan or... I didn't become Muslim, I became Muslim to worship Allah, according to the sunnah of The Prophet, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam. That's why I became Muslim. " (49.51min)


~Abdur Raheem Green~


W'salam,
Khadijah C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.