Tuesday 22 June 2010

:: A husband's chivalry ::

Assalam Alaikum,

Bro Ahmed Abdul Azeem(Hamid) posted this article on his blog and it is such a touching post that I would love to share with my readers!

W'salam,
Khadijah C.



Taken from http://hamidswisdom.blogspot.com/2010/06/true-chivalry.html
Back in an age when marriage lasted a lifetime and divorce was not considered a failure of the marriage, but a failure of the self, a learned sheikh was approached by one of his students.

"Oh teacher, we have noticed how your wife is so abusive of you. She has embarrassed you in public countless number of times and never loses an opportunity to insult you. How come you don't simply take your legitimate right and divorce her?"

After a brief moment of silence and deep thought, the teacher looked up at the student and gently responded.

"My son, if I were to divorce this woman, one of two things would occur. Either she would remain a single divorcee or she would get remarried. In the first case, she would become miserable and lonely and I do not wish to be the cause of her misery. In the second case, she would cause her new husband untold difficulty and I do not wish to be the cause of his misery.

And so I have decided it best to take it upon myself to bear the burden of this misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.