Friday 19 March 2010

:: "Happy Birthday" ::

Assalam Alaikum,

It's my friend's birthday today! 20th March... Should I say Happy Birthday? hmMmmm... Now, being a revert, I am always careful about what I have to say...

I decided to check it out~

The prominent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Tajuddin Hamid Al-Hilali, Mufti of Australia and New Zealand, states:

"A Muslim has a distinguished personality. He should not imitate others in evil things and leave the good ones. Talking to our children about their birthdays, we should remind them that on such days they should remember the blessings of Allah and praise Him for giving them life and guidance. It would be better if we ask them to offer something in charity as a form of showing gratitude."


"Islam supports the celebration of birthdays if it is an expression of gratitude to Allah for His bounties, sustenance and blessings in man’s life, as long as that celebration does not include anything that may displease Allah, the Almighty."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547996

I used to think about this concept of birthday~ Why do we celebrate? Oh well, when I was young, I celebrated it as it is an important day of my life! Come on, I'm a year older and it's the time of the year getting presents~ But as I grow to be wiser, I think about what birthday is really about!

How many of us celebrate for our mothers on that day? Well, it's her hardship to give birth to us, we didn't do anything much except to irritate the surroundings with our LOUD cries! hahahaha~ I remembered, there was one birthday of mine... I decided to do something special... I did a card for my mum on my birthday! To thank her to giving birth to me~ hee~ Sweet right? =)

My mum still keeps it in her drawer~ Though my parents are not very well in expressing their feelings to their children, somehow, they appreciate what we children did for them (even if they say the opposite!) hehehe~

Oh well, now that I know who is my creator... It's just logical to thank HIM on anyone's birthday~ That He send families and friends to this world to give us hope, joy, happiness and helping us to grow~ All with the knowledge and wisdom given by Allah (SWT) alone~

So, to this friend of mine if you happen to see this...

"May you enjoy your special day as Allah (SWT) has given the world a charming and wise person to make the place a beautiful & hopeful one!"

W'salam,
Khadijah C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.