Thursday 18 March 2010

:: Where is my Qibla? ::

Assalam Alaikum,

I was praying in uni today~ Then half way through, a person came into the room... I was like... "Uh OhHhhh... I'm in my Qiyam position... Just stay still and CONCENTRATE!" hehehe~ Well, the person went off and I continued with my prayer...

When I was done, I went out and saw a 'brother' standing outside~ He was telling me something about the Qibla... I thought he was asking me where... And since I got my prayer map, attached with a compass, I told him... But apparently, he was trying to tell me that I should face another direction... A complete opposite direction!

Oh man~ First, I'm already shy about being seen me praying... Then he's telling me I've been facing the wrong direction! hmMmmm... Well, I've got my evidence that I'm following something concrete~ I showed him the little booklet that came with my prayer map~ But he said someone told him that it should be another direction...

Then I told him, "Well, I'm just a revert of 2 mths, I just follow whatever the booklet says..."

Then he said that it's alright if I've been doing wrong...

I was like thinking... "Huh... Then how?" But I decided to find out myself~ And I asked my neighbours~ They said I am right... Oh well~ Is there some hidden knowledge in finding my Qibla? Well, it was stated in a few websites that coincide with the little booklet that comes with my prayer mat~

Anyway, he was commenting that I don't look like a revert, more like a british girl... I guess what he meant was, my physical appearance doesn't make me look like a muslimah~

hmMmm... It must be a shock to him to see Chinese Muslim, I guess~

Anyway, it's somehow embaressing for me still... To tell people I am a muslimah, but I don't dressed like one... urghHhh... Let me change step by step, pace by pace, Insha'Allah~

W'salam,
Khadijah C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.