Thursday 25 March 2010

:: L.O.V.E ::

Assalam Alaikum,

I was read this forum post on What Is Love?

It talks about romantic love, unconditional love and spiritual love in marriage~ I'm sure it's difficult to categorise which love it is when one is so much into their feelings~

Alright, I know I'm not qualified to talk about this topic since I am not married... Then again, Allah (SWT) is gracious to me to give me eyes to see, ears to listen and personal experiences to reflect upon...

I always wonder why there are soOooo many divorce cases on the rise... I think, in my personal opinion that an average person wishes for romantic love, more than the latter two... Well, it's that feeling of being appreciated and taken care of from a physical human being~ Maybe also because of how media portray love in a relationship... 

hmMmmm~ And also, maybe because of people wants the easy way out~ I guess it's easier to leave than to do amendments... It's like, when I write on a piece of paper and I made a mistake... It is easier for me to use another clean sheet of paper to start again, than to erase the mistake and rewrite them, making it messy~

It just feel sad to see broken families because one party is not willing to work for a blissful marriage~ There's always give and take in a relationship~ Alhamdulliah!!! My parents have set great examples for me! They have shown me even if life was tough, but it was the bonding they shared which enable them to enjoy what they have in later part of their lives~

We always want a perfect life... But how many of us really have a perfect life? There's always ups and downs in life... That's what told by Allah (SWT) too! That He'll give us tests after tests... Then again, He's merciful to us... He gives us spouse to keep us strong when we are weak, to keep us on the right path when we tend to wander off?

This has always been my thinking but somehow, it got abused~ Well, I just shall not dwell into the past for they are just lessons for me to learn from! =D

Oh yes, this post also talks about unconditional love and spiritual love~

Unconditional love, according to the counsellor, encompasses mutual trust, tenderness, acceptance, open communication,  caring, apologies, forgiveness, appropriate boundaries and friendship... hmMmm...Unconditional love means you always look into the positive side of that person and try to accommodate their interests and hobbies~ Right? =) It sounds easy but soOooo difficult to carry out!

Also, unconditional love means acting in the well-being of the person, even if means letting go of being taken care of on reasonable grounds~ This is what a lot of revert sisters need when they embraces Islam and have to leave when marriage is not possible in the relationship~ Another kind of love which revert sisters have are spiritual love...

Spiritual love... Loving for the sake of Allah (SWT)... What else can I say about this? It's Him that we'll return to one day~ It's Him who is the sole provider for all mankind~ What else better to do than to love someone for the love of Allah (SWT) creation? That Allah (SWT) brings both people together to form a bond, out of the billions people out there~

hmMmm... Do I sound like I'm a married woman? hahahaha~ I told you, I reflect on my past experiences before being a muslim~ =P

To end off, I would like to give an example for each kind of love in the setting of the husband likes to watch movies, while the wife loves shopping! 

In the scenario of romantic love, the couple will do things together, no matter how unwilling one is~ Well, that's why we often hear couples quarrelling over this as they accommodate each other's interests TOO MUCH that they lose their cool...

In unconditional love, the husband will watch movie himself and the wife can go shopping! Then meet up after 2hrs or so to talk about what both have just done over lunch or dinner! =D Isn't it good? Well, at least it solve the building up of over-accommodation~

In spiritual love, both will go to the masjid instead of movies or shopping! hehehehe~ Just kidding! =P Seriously, I think the fact that a couple stays happy together, it's already a form of spiritual love!!

A precious gift from Allah (SWT)... soOooo precious and cherished... =D


W'salam,
Khadijah C.

1 comment:

  1. salam, add me in ur blog roll. :)

    will do the same, sister.

    ReplyDelete

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.