Wednesday 3 March 2010

:: One Ummah ::



Assalam Alaikum,

I have been thinking... What is this brotherhood/sisterhood about in Islam? Is there really one Ummah out there?

Well, of course, on the surface, there are groups of people who are caring for each other, looking after each other... But how many, seriously, are willing to step out of their comfort zone to help a 'brother' or 'sister'? Oh well, I believe that during the time of Prophet's Muhammad (SAW), his Sahabah are really one Ummah... How about now? No wonder he's soOooo worried about the generations after him... Cause somehow, this concept of Ummah will be forgotten as each of us forget to love each other because of our fears and desires~

Why wasn't I born in that era? At least I have Prophet to go to for advices... I know we have the Qur'an and Hadith now but truthfully, how many people are really following them? Qur'an and Hadith tells us to be kind to each other, love each other, have patience, do not judge others by their birth but only judge by their deen...

Just as eager I am to follow the right path, I am exposed to so much 'distorted' kind of behaviours of Muslims now... Then again, Allah(SWT) said, 


And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Muhaymin (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge among them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah had willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so compete in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ. 
(  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #48)

I am following what is in the Qur'an and Hadith... I should be right, shouldn't I? hmMmmm...

Fellow human beings are scary... Or maybe not... It's the Shaitan that is misleading everyone... haizZzzz... I love people when they are kind~ Where has the true kind people gone to?

My lord is too merciful to me by making me see ugly situations... As such, I am more careful with people now... I used to think all are with kind intention and I'm willing to help... But on closer relation, I realise that most are selfish, they have their own agenda... So, should I help? 

I would, for the sake of Allah(SWT)... 

I hope on the day when I meet Him, He will smile at me and chitchat chitchat with me on the goodie deeds I have done~ I hope to receive my book of deeds on my right hand and and I will live in Jannah with my family! yoOoohoOoo~ I shall work towards that aim! =D

Let's just put our trust to our lord and pray for him to guide us on the right path and to keep us among the true believers...


W'salam,
Khadijah C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.