Monday 22 March 2010

:: Malay Vs Muslim ::

Assalam Alaikum,

I saw this message from an ex-colleague of mine and I feel like I need to vent the frustration out from me! urghHhhh!!!

"Sigh... I just saw a young couple... Early 30s, with a 4 or 5 year old son, still awake at this hour, at a coffeeshop hanging out with their friends... Mummy's smoking n daddy jst came, brought a bottle of hard liqour... Oh, forgot to mention, young muslim couple..."

Why did she need to mention they are muslim couple??!!

I mean there's difference between religion and race.... Being Malay doesn't mean you are a muslim right? Like one can be a Malay but a disbeliever, right?

If they are real muslim, they won't do such things, right?

Narrated abu Huraira: the Prophet said, "When an adulterer commits illegal sexual intercourse, then he isnot a believer at the time, he is doing it, and when a drinker of an alcoholic liquor drinks it, then he isnot a believer at the time of drinking it, and when a thief steals, then he is not a believer at the time ofstealing, and when a robber robs, and the people look at him, then he is not a believer at the time of doing robbery.
(Book #43, Hadith #655)

Narrated abu Huraira: the Prophet said, "the one who commits an illegal sexual intercourse is not abeliever at the time of committing illegal sexual intercourse and a thief is not a believer at the time ofcommitting theft and a drinker of alcoholic drink is not a believer at the time of drinking. Yet, (the gateof) repentance is open thereafter."
(Book #82, Hadith #801)

Sometimes, I just feel that people don't really know what they are talking about, even at the expense of tarnishing the good image of Islam, without knowing that they had done so~

ughHhhhh~ Why did she do that? I think I am supersensitive to culture/race and religion issues~

I prayed that people would be careful of what they are saying~

W'salam,
Khadijah C.

2 comments:

  1. Asalamu Alaikum, arghhh this kind of stuff irritates me so much! Does one seriously draw a conclusion on over a group of billion people on the actions of few? I dont judge Christianity or any other religion based on all those pre-marital affairs which is quite common or the skimpy clothes etc. Thats quite ignorant I must say. May Allah guide us all. Ameen

    ReplyDelete

Assalam Alaikum (May Peace be Upon You)
Thank you for dropping by to read my post.
Do feel free to comment.